Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.90
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downtime : Monday, Jan 28 2015 AM
    Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 10:01am
Hey guys!

My plans over the next several months include updating a couple of servers in lieu of some new additions.  The first step in that process is to replace our main SQL database server.    I will be doing that on Monday 2015-01-28, starting in the AM.  This will require time, and may take all day (I hope not, but it is a possibility).    I mentioned I will be changing the Derbyfever.com resolution sometime soon as well, and I will try to take care of that while I am replacing the server.  A little backstory (for the bored crowd..) :

We last replaced it a bit over 2 years ago when we moved to the new game.  The growth we have experienced over the last year combined with the additions I want to make and our Q1 push for more players made it obvious that I need to update the servers before the game slows down.  If all goes well, I will be able to take the old server and create CPU3 to process races even faster.  But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. :)

This won't be the last upcoming downtime, but I don't anticipate another one to fall between March - June depending on how some of these new additions affect our front-end server speed.  Ultimately, I know that our current front-end server is ending it's lifecycle (I think we're on our 5th year with it; not bad), and getting ahead of that potential problem is necessary as well.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and for making these upgrades necessary through your support and continued patronage!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply