Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.20
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Rollover Notice!
    Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 10:05pm
Hey guys!

This is the third year through with the new "year end" processing.  I'm still learning along with you, but I hope to have the major bumps and bruises resolved.   Last year wasn't too bad, and I think this year should be absolutely fine.. but hey, who knows... :)

You should now be able to see the new sires; go to the Breeding page, click Newer (a new button for newer sires) and your options.  Then Update List.   This list shows new sires for the last 3 years; look for the ones that have no 2yo available for breeding if you are focusing on brand new sires.  Once the new year rolls over, it will narrow down a bit to sires than were introduced within the last 2 years (and the new sires will begin showing only 2YO breedings).

Once the new year begins, I believe all new sires will start relatively high in cost and drop in price over the course of a few days. The nice thing with the new sires : they all drop down as low as 10 points / credits, since they have no history. Poke around for values after things die down....but remember that our breeding special we have in place at the moment goes bye-bye on 1/1. Bummer.. :(

Also, approximately 4 hours after midnight (to allow for the update to complete), mares will begin opening for breeding. Not all mares open at the same time, but you will be able to see when they open after midnight. This process will continue for several days (which allows people with shared mares a fairer opportunity as the times are spread out pseudo randomly).

I will try to be around shortly after midnight EST on New Year's to babysit the thing, but I make no promises as to my ability to fix things before morning. :)   This is always an exciting time in the game, but the extra traffic and scrutiny can lead to disappointment if things go even the slightest bit sideways.    Rest assured that I will try to rectify any issue that goes wrong and, if anything doesn't come up as expected tonight, I will work on it as soon as time allows the following morning and correct any isses that need attention.

Thank you as always for playing, and here's hoping for a safe and fun rollover for everyone out on New Year's, everyone staying in, and our humble game!

--Mike 
 Post Reply Post Reply